‘Traditional English Basketry’
Have a look here for my blog and photos of my baskets and other willowy creatures that appear from time to time. All are made in Sherwood, Nottingham by me (unless otherwise stated) and as often as possible from locally sourced materials.
Here are a selection of reasons and methods to contact me.
- You can contact me to discuss basket making or sculpture.
- You might want to negotiate buying one of the baskets featured here or you may wish to commission your own – I can undertake commissions and will enjoy discussing with you the options and sizes available.
- At some point in the future I will be offering short courses (I hope!) most likely in related areas of bird feeders, garden structures and possibly sculpting animals from willow.
- Please don’t ask to make a basket with me in a day, if there is one thing I have learned it really isn’t possible to make an excellent basket following the English Basket Tradition in one day (or even the celtic frame come to that).
- I have had some recent success at mending friends baskets for them, if you have a favourite basket that is falling apart I may be able to help – do get in touch.
Any courses I do teach will be available in English and BSL and will probably all be located in Nottingham. I aim to grow to meet demand, so please do get in touch with your demands!
I am exhibiting at Sherwood Art Week
Those were the reasons, here are the methods:
- comment on this blog chrisbaxtersbaskets.wordpress.com
- on twitter @BaxtersBaskets
- text only to 07811879159
- by contact form below
I look forward to hearing from you.
The bread? Oh the bread is another story, here it is all about the willows